What you need to know about Healthy diets for Men

The issue of healthy diets does not appeal only to the feminine population but to the world at large and largely affects men. It’s no secret that in checking a person’s weight, one of the factors considered is the sex of the person among other factors such as height and …

These healthy food diets will help you fight and reduce cholesterol

Cholesterol is a waxy, fat-like substance that is found in the body. It is manufactured in the body but can also be ingested from food (mostly animal derived foods). About 75% of cholesterol in the body is manufactured by the body while the remaining 25% is ingested. Cholesterol is essential …

How to create a healthy meal plan for weightloss

The key to effectively lose weight is an healthy meal planning. When you have a plan for your meals and follow the plan religiously, you’ll definitely see results by your weightloss. The whole point of having a meal plan is to entail that you are taking a healthy amount of …

High carb foods you should cut down on and why

There’s always one thing or the other about High carb foods these days especially when it concerns either weight gain or weight loss. Different nutritionists are either encouraging their clients to consume more high-carb foods or less. It’s become such a trend but here are few things you should know …

Though yummy, Smoothies may be a barrier to weightloss

Smoothies have been taken by lots of people as a way to lose weight. They’ve incorporated smoothies into their weight loss meal plan. Well, as healthy as it sounds, its nutritional value is mostly dependent on the ingredients used in preparing it. A smoothie is a thick beverage made from …

Ooops!!! Beans may not be suitable for weightloss afterall

One of the most controversial topics of all times is; is beans healthy or not? So many diet plans include beans in their menu because it ‘supposedly’ aids weightloss. There aren’t any solid scientific evidence to state otherwise but we are about to discover a few loopholes in the consumption …

Weight loss battles with Heart Diseases

Being overweight doesn’t of necessity mean that you automatically have heart issues. No! It does however; increase the risk of heart diseases. This is why weight loss is recommended. It significantly reduces your chances of developing any health issues regarding your heart. People with heart conditions find it more difficult …

Using Kilishi -Nigerian meat jerky as a healthy snack for weightloss

Surprising, right? Yes the Nigerian beef jerky popularly known as Kilinshi is quite beneficial to weight loss. Kilishi is a delicacy that originated from Hausa land in Nigeria. It is made from either cow or goat meat after the bones is removed. Though likened to Suya, Kilishi differs in method …

Understanding rapid weightloss for Diabetic Patients

Diabetes describes a group of metabolic disease in which the body has high sugar usually caused by either inadequate insulin production or because the cells do not respond properly to insulin or even by a combination of both. It is a long term condition that causes high blood sugar level. …

This is how weightloss affects High Blood Pressure

Blood pressure refers to the amount of force put against the walls of the arteries as blood flows through them. High blood pressure (High BP) describes a situation where your blood pressure reads either 140/90 or even higher consistently for a period of time. This means that the walls of …