I have talked about walking and would continue emphasizing on it… You can read about the last article on walking here. If you aren’t walking , start today or join us .. You will have fun walking and losing weight too.
Walking is exactly that, walking. It is a locomotive movement made on two legs. Walking is in fact one of the easiest ways to get more active and lose weight. Though highly underrated, walking is a form of exercise suitable for all ages and fitness levels. Surprisingly, regular walking has been revealed to reduce the risk of heart diseases, asthma, stroke, type 2 diabetes and some cancers. For a more efficient workout, fast walking is recommended.
It is regarded a easy because you can take walks anywhere, without any equipment and at your pace. Walking for weight loss demands better efforts and as such you’d have to set goals and walk a longer distance thatn you’d rather walk. It could be a daily activity or done as a part of a work out routine. Walking is essential generally to increase the body’s physical activity.
What to do:
- Select a comfortable set of shoes or trainers which won’t cause blisters on your feet.
- Change into free clothes that won’t hinder your movements or make you feel uncomfortable.
- Don’t forget a bottle of water. Taking sips helps keep dehydration away.
- Start slowly and build up momentum then go. A snail’s pace really won’t do much so you want to pick the pace. The more intense your walk is, that’s how much more calorie you’ll burn.
- Take little breaks in between. If you’re on a fast walk, take few minutes rest while slowing down a bit.
- Set a goal and don’t stop until you achieve that goal. Giving up is not an option.
- Don’t end your walk abruptly; end by slowing down and taking a few stretches to avoid strain or stiffness in joints.
Walking as a weight loss tool may not yield immediate results but in the long run, the results are record breaking especially when combined with the right weight loss diet. It’s better to make walking a part of your routine. It is a healthy habit to develop. Cease different opportunities to take walks. You could walk to work, school, to the market or to go see a friend, take the stairs as often as you can. Rather than making up excuses to get out of a little work out, make excuses to take a walk. It’ll keep you active and keep old age at bay.
Regular brisk walking will:
- Help you maintain a healthy weight.
- Strengthen and improve your bones and muscles.
- Improve your body’s balance and coordination.
- Prevent and manage chronic diseases.
- Keep the belle fat away.
- Boost your energy.
- Improve your mood significantly.
Melinda B. Jampolis, author of ‘Doctor on Demand Diet’, said “walking is the No.1 exercise I recommend to most of my patients because it is easy to do, require nothing but a pair of tennis shoes, and has tremendous mental and physical benefits.” If for any reason you don’t want to walk outside, you can walk indoors on a treadmill. Walking beyond its fitness and health benefits is also good for pregnant women to build their stamina.
The health benefits of something as simple as walking are so numerous that everyone should take at least 30minutes for a daily walking work out session.
Photo Credit: Dia Tribe.org