Physical exercise refers to bodily activity that enhances physical fitness and maintains overall health and wellness. It is an activity planned, structured and repetitive for the purpose of condition the body. Some studies have revealed that exercise may increase the life expectancy and overall quality of life to those who participate in it. It is advisable to indulge in physical exercises in order to maintain a healthy life. In as much a physical exercise is beneficial to health, proper eating habits are just as important. When participating in physical exercise, you need to have a good diet in order to help the body fully recover after a workout session. Inactive recovery after physical exercise may be dangerous for the body. It is for this reason that you should ensure that your body has all the right nutrients.
It is important that one visits a physician to know the state of his or her health especially the cardiovascular condition before engaging in physical exercise. Likewise, there should be proper care immediately after strenuous workout session.
- Be careful while doing warm ups because improper warm up can lead to muscle strain.
- Setting rest periods in between strenuous activities are necessary to avoid injuries.
- Do not go beyond what your body can carry. There is no need to exert yourself to the point where you go against your doctor’s recommendation.
Physical exercise is grouped into three types which are;
- Aerobics: theses are activities that use large muscle groups and cause the body to use more oxygen than it would use while resting. Examples of aerobic exercises include; brisk walking, skipping, swimming, hiking, and cycling. The end objective being an increase in cardiovascular endurance.
- Anaerobic: these are strength resistance trainings that firm, strengthen and tone muscles, improving balance and coordination.Examples are; push-ups, pull-ups, lunges, sprinting and high intensity interval training.
- Flexibility exercises: these consist of warm up stretches. They help to improve joint flexibility and keep muscles limber. It goes a long way to reduce risks.
BENEFITS OF PHYSICAL EXERCISE
The benefits of physical exercise are too numerous to be mentioned. Here are a few;
- Stress reduction: exercise reduces stress and boosts the body’s ability to deal with existing mental tension.
- Brain booster: studies have revealed that cardiovascular exercise creates new brain cells and improve the overall brain performance.
- Reduces risk of heart disease: physical exercise have proven to be more effective in relieving heart problems. (if there is an existing heart condition, consult with your doctor first)
- Physical exercise improve general health
- It builds endurance
- The aging process comes to an almost stand still as a result of physical exercise.
- It increases the body’s metabolism resulting in weight loss.
- Engaging in physical exercise builds the muscles.
- Reduces high blood pressure
- Reduces risk for type 2 diabetes, stroke and various forms of cancer
- Reducse arthritis and other related disability.
the most common benefit of physical exercise is weight loss. It is true that physical exercise helps in not only weight loss but also in maintaining a healthy weight. Physical exercise increases the number of calories that your body burns off. If you are aiming for a more efficient weight loss process, you should eat less calories resulting in ‘calorie deficit’ which in turn results in weight loss.
Physical exercise especially strength training helps with weight loss. Strength training builds your muscles. By increasing your muscle mass, you increase your metabolism. Replacing fat with muscles helps your body to burn calories at rest.
Yes, weight is lost when maintaining a diet with less calories but the only way to maintain weight loss is to be engaged in regular physical exercise. Beyond weight loss and all, mortality rate is preserved through a reduction in risks of cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.
The many benefits of physical exercise are convincing enough to make one want to make it a part of their daily routine. ‘Get fit and stay fit’ should be your goal. It is an everyday goal so make physical exercise a constant in your life.