General Motors Detox Diet : Lose 5 to 11kg in One week.

The General motors detox diet has been said to help people lose 5 to 11kg in a week. It is divided into seven days, and some individuals who used this General motors detox diet swear by it.

I have been getting lots of demands and request to post the General motors detox diet, even though i am not totally in support of it. Please ensure you consult your doctor before embarking on strict diets like this. Please note that the healthy and recommended weight loss per week is 1 to 2kg(at most) weekly.

According to some sources, the General motors detox diet was introduced by the company to help their staff who were struggling with obesity lose weight.

It is easier than most other extreme detox diets around as most times you are allowed to eat as much as you want of the certain food groups and with the General motors detox diet, the foods are somewhat nice. A very important aspect to note while doing the General motors detox diet is that you must take at least 10 tall glasses of water every day. Compulsory. The dieter is also to abstain totaly from alcholhol, palm oils, sutars, and the likes. No soft drinks or fruit juices this perod. the only fluid which can enter your body is water, and as much as you want.

The General motors detox diet (GM diet) can be followed by both vegetarians and non Vegetarians.

General Motors Diet (GM diet) weight loss Meal Plan

Day 1:  The first day of the seven day General motors detox diet, the dieter must consume only fruits, except for banana can be consumed. Any other kind of fruit may be consumed, and you can consume as much as you want!! Watermelons and pawpaw are esecially advised druing the first day of this diet. Remember your  ten tall glasses of water too!

Day 2: The second day of the General motors Detox Diet, the dieter can eat only raw or cooked vegetables. You can take one large sweet potato today with your vegetables, preferably in the morning, and then the rest of the day, just the vegetables. NO OILS allowed in the vegetables and no meat or any other thing allowed. Just your vegetables with a little salt or spice.  General Motors detox Dieters are advised to start their day with consuming a large baked potato, to make sure the body gets the required carbohydrate content.

Day 3: On the third day of the General motors detox diet, the dieter may consume a mixture of fruits and vegetables, except for banana. No potatoes or any other thing should be taken today, just fruits and vegetables and as usual in the General motors detox diet, you can have as much of this as you want.

Day 4: On the forth day of the General motors detox diet, the candidate is required to eat 8 bananas and 3 glasses of milk. For the glass of milk, take your tall drinking glass, ass 1 tablespoon of milk and then fill with water. Do this as soon as you wake up in the morning. You can also have unlimited amount of the cabbage soup today. The recipe for making the cabbage soup for weight loss is found at the bottom of this post.

Day 5: Today the 5th day of the General motors detox diet, you are to consme 2 oz of lean beef. To estimate this for those who do not have a scale, 3/4 of the size of your palm. Lean beef, no fatty beef is allowed. You would take this along with 6 raw fresh tomatoes, and then unlimited amounts of the cabbage soup.

Day 6: Today the 6th day of the General motors detox diet, you are to consume 2 oz of lean beef. To estimate this for those who do not have a scale, 3/4 of the size of your palm. Lean beef, no fatty beef is allowed. You would take this along with 6 raw fresh tomatoes, and then unlimited amounts of the green vegetables.
Day 7: The 7th and last day of the General motors detox diet plan, you can consume brown rice (2 cups) and as much vegetables as you want the rest of the day.

Once you wake up on the 8th day, run to your measuring scale and see what the scale says.

The cabbage soup Recipe

The General motors detox diet (GM diet) includes the cabbage soup. This are the ingredients for the cabbage soup for weight loss:

Water

6 onions

1 cabbage

3 green peeper

Fresh tomatoes

Spices if required.

Directions: Very easy! Dice all the ingredients, put in a put to boil for 5 to ten minutes and voila its ready. For those of you who might be a bit bored with the taste, you can add your red peppers to taste!

Enter Your Mail Address

This entry was posted in Diet, Food timetables and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

118 Responses to General Motors Detox Diet : Lose 5 to 11kg in One week.

1. stells says:

dis is a fad diet
    u will only loose water weight.
    u can use it wen u wanna fit into a dress for one day cos nothin will make d weight loss last.
    i have lost 5 kg in 3 months n maintained it in 2 months n counting, trust me d best way to loose weight is by dieting and exercising

2. Ndidinwokolo says:

While doing this detox do i need to exercise

3. Mercy says:

Need to know if i can do this regime while pregnant.

4. Etal says:

do I need to take d cabbage soup all through the 7 days?

5. Etal says:

Do I need to take the cabbage soup all through the 7 days?

6. Ivy says:

Is it 4 real,cos i realy want 2 loss weight n hope it last

7. Yemi says:

Hi dr thanks for this wonderful forum. Pls do I need to eat all d content in the soup ?

8. Yemi says:

Do I need to eat all d contents in the soup

9. Anonymous says:

Thanx dr ella. Pls wuld d weight loss last? Cos by d time u’ll get bak 2 ur normal diet d weight may return plz comment on dis

10. gracetony says:

Once u return 2 ur normal diet wil d weight loss last. Plz dr trim reply tanx

• TRIMANDTRENDY says:

if you go back to eating junk yes you would gain the weight back. If however you eat healthy and workouts, you wont gain it back

11. Maryam says:

Can I do this while Nursing?

• TRIMANDTRENDY says:

of course you cannot. please do not do it while nursing

• mauchizzy says:

dr trendy,
        do u mind giving me a diet for a nigerian nursing mother.am just 3 months post partum.i started doing abdominal exercises and i also attend aerobic classes but it seems my buttocks are going inside and my shoulders re getting broad,pls kindly help

• Bim says:

I posted a comment earlier, think I did it in d wrong place
        Hi Doc Trim, can you pls modify this diet to suit a nursing mother, I’m an old member of the forum, but I’v been off the forum 4 a while, I’m 3 mnths PP, currently weighing 100kg, wighed 82kg pre-pregnancy.I’m starting work in 2 weeks,I desperately need 2 shed some kg’s before then. Please help!

• TRIMANDTRENDY says:

well, you can come back to the forum and start your food and exercise diary again. Everyone would be willing to advise

12. Savie says:

Compliments of the new year Doc. Please kind of exercise do you recommend for this diet plan and can one continue this diet plan after the stipulated period?

13. ummah says:

I just read this and luckily I havnt had anything but a few oranges and its only 10:20am,I can start the diet right away right?I’m 22 years old and weigh 116 kg 160cm tall! I got married in may 2012 and lost 20 kg for my wedding but I’ve gained it all back!two months to my wedding I weighed 120kg!I really need to lose weight fast!and keep it off!any help?!.thank you!

• TRIMANDTRENDY says:

you cant do this diet for 2 months na! my honest advise is that you start a weight loss program that you can sustain. Start eating right, you are married and would be feeding your husband. you are not going to starve while you watch him eat all the food. So my advice is go slowly, start reducing your portions and start exercising. Wither you join a gym or you get a workout dvd that you can use at home. you can also join us on the forum and see what and how other women there are losing weight.

14. Anonymous says:

Please i would like to know if the tava tea is available in nigeria and where can i get it. I would also like to know if it works Becos i have done a lot of internet search and people have recommended the tea although i don’t think it has entered the nigerian market.

15. Bunmi says:

tnx 4 posting this. pls can i do it a week on a week off bc i want to lose 30kg by april, now i weight 105kg. is it adviceable and possible

16. amoke says:

hi,can i omit the cabbage soup totally?

17. olly says:

I want to lose 10kg. I just hope it works. I do not have a househelp, so how am I going to cope wit the weight loss prog. And house chores with 5 kids ?

18. ade says:

Hi Doc Trim,

Hw do I join d forum

19. aisha aminu says:

Hi dr..pls can we add salt and spices to rhe vegetable soup?

20. ogbonna Oluchi says:

Hi trim and trendy, despite all odds I am on the 5th day of d dieting And pple already noticing. I am grateful! Am I going to continue nxt week? Or jst reduce my portions? Pls reply

• TRIMANDTRENDY says:

not suggested as a full method of eating. You can eat like this for life. advice is that you continue with a durable plan that includes healthy foods and workouts

21. aisha aminu says:

My second day of general detox diet. Hoping it wil work

22. Bukkie says:

Hello Dr. Trendy. I must testify that the general detox works like magic. I lost 5kg last week, from 81 to 76. Thanks a mill.

23. anonymous says:

Today is just day 1. I have a severe headache but I’m pressing on. Starting weight is 92kg and 155cm high.

24. eniola says:

Hey trim,I jst want to knw if what else can I eat instead of the cabbage soup, and can I continue dis programme for lyk 1month.

25. patience says:

can i add fish or liver to the cabbage soup and vegetables

26. patience says:

Hi Trim and Trendy. Am going to start my one week weight loss next week monday. I like the good news have being reading. I will give u feedback when am done. At the moment I weigh 71kg.

27. dupe says:

Hello dr. Pls I would like to know if I would still lose 5-10kg with this detox without exercising and would I be losing water weight or fat?

28. Tori says:

Hiya,
    Keep up the good work! This site is so informative. I stumbled on gm detox diet here not too long ago. First time I did this diet I lost 4kg in 7 days with minimal exercise. I am repeating it and today is day 5, as of yesterday I had lost 3kg. This time my exercise routine has been; Day 1- 30 mins brisk walk, Day 2- 30 mins brisk walk in the morning and another 30 mins brisk walk in the evening. Day 3- 20 mins walk, run and jog, Yesterday Day 4- skipped for 30 mins 1000 times, took a minute break everytime I got to 100. I’ve been using Acai berry, Fat metaboliser, Sea kelp and KLB5 from Holland and Barretts everyday. I am a 5″10, lady. Please HELP!!!!!! can you kindly give suggestions on additional information on how I can lose between 5kg & 11kg (preferably 11kg) in a week? I’ve followed this GM detox diet strictly, I haven’t cheated & was hoping to lose 11kg what am i doing wrong? Kindly reply
    Thanks

29. cassy says:

hello dr, i would like to know if i can take an energy drink with this diet cos i gym everyday for 1-2 hrs and my trainer doesnt listen to tiredness stories

30. sherry says:

can i take coffee during dis period? i work and am always feeling sleepy @ work, coffee start ma day. please response to me

31. favour w says:

Hello doc, pls after d GM diet what other diets plan can I follow up?

32. bhargavimudiraj says:

i hav did it 4 times last year….i lost weight..bt gained agained all the kgs back coz of jun food lack of exercise….other then dis do u advice anything else

33. bushra says:

can i do this diet while going to school?

34. zeenena says:

I’m on a weight loss programme nw,m lifting 5kg dumbells and 10kg barbells I’ve been on it since d 1st of may,pls Dr Trendy can I take dz detox diet while m on dz kinna exercise??

35. Tanzinah says:

Dear,
    I have 3 questions.

Do i eat chicken breast instead of lean beef?

Instead of cabbage soup do i take any other vegetable soup?

What type of exercise may i do during this diet?

thanking you.

36. mimi says:

Am so going to try this

37. karishma sharma says:

tell me the perfect routine plan of exercise for weight loose up to 10 kg in a week

38. rimsha says:

I need to lose 30kgs by july ….will inshaallah start this diet from tomrw ..21-05-13.my starting weight is 90kgs…hoping for best…

39. laura says:

I’m goin 2 try dis. Hw cn I join d forum pls?

40. zoya says:

can i substitute beef with something else??? pliz reply i am on my 5th day, need to know this. waiting for your reply doc.

41. ursula says:

I’m so totally gonna try this,I weight 54kg but still want to lose 4kg

42. Jenny says:

I’ve got to say i was a bit disappointed to learn that one could only lose water weight after the gm detox dieting, i really need to lose the actual weight. I weigh 90kgs with most of the weight on my hips, thighs and bum(its embarrassing). I don’t know if dieting can help trim these parts of my body? Thank You so much for your time!

• Anonymous says:

I found this on http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/weight-training-tips Quite honestly I enjoy weight lifting and they way my body has changed with it. I love my back, shoulders, arms. Good luck!
      Tired of sweating all over every piece of cardio equipment at the gym and still getting zero love from the scale? You need more iron. Not in your diet—in your hands. According to the National Center for Health Statistics, a mere 21 percent of women strength train two or more times a week. What you don’t know: When you skip the weight room, you lose out on the ultimate flab melter. Those two sessions a week can reduce overall body fat by about 3 percentage points in just 10 weeks, even if you don’t cut a single calorie. That translates to as much as three inches total off your waist and hips. Even better, all that new muscle pays off in a long-term boost to your metabolism, which helps keep your body lean and sculpted. Suddenly, dumbbells sound like a smart idea. Need more convincing? Read on for more solid reasons why you should build flex time into your day.

Torch Calories 24/7
      Though cardio burns more calories than strength training during those 30 sweaty minutes, pumping iron slashes more overall. A study in The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research found that women who completed an hour-long strength-training workout burned an average of 100 more calories in the 24 hours afterward than they did when they hadn’t lifted weights. At three sessions a week, that’s 15,600 calories a year, or about four and a half pounds of fat—without having to move a muscle.

What’s more, increasing that afterburn is as easy as upping the weight on your bar. In a study in the journal Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, women burned nearly twice as many calories in the two hours after their workout when they lifted 85 percent of their max load for eight reps than when they did more reps (15) at a lower weight (45 percent of their max).

There’s a longer-term benefit to all that lifting, too: Muscle accounts for about a third of the average woman’s weight, so it has a profound effect on her metabolism, says Kenneth Walsh, director of Boston University School of Medicine’s Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute. Specifically, that effect is to burn extra calories, because muscle, unlike fat, is metabolically active. In English: Muscle chews up calories even when you’re not in the gym. Replace 10 pounds of fat with 10 pounds of lean muscle and you’ll burn an additional 25 to 50 calories a day without even trying.

Target Your Trouble Spots
      If you’ve ever tried to ditch the saddlebags and ended up a bra size smaller instead, you know that where you lose is as important as how much. As great as it might be to see the numbers on the scale go down, when you’re on a strict cardio-only program your victory is likely to be empty. A recent study at the University of Alabama at Birmingham compared dieters who lifted three times a week with those who did aerobic exercise for the same amount of time. Both groups ate the same number of calories, and both lost the same amount—26 pounds—but the lifters lost pure chub, while about 8 percent of the aerobicizers’ drop came from valuable muscle. Researchers have also found that lifting weights is better than cardio at whittling intra-abdominal fat—the Buddha-belly kind that’s associated with diseases from diabetes to cancer.

Just don’t rely exclusively on the scale to track your progress in the battle of the bulge. Because muscle is denser than fat, it squeezes the same amount of weight into less space. “Often, our clients’ scales won’t drop as fast, but they’ll fit into smaller jeans,” says Rachel Cosgrove, owner of Results Fitness in Santa Clarita, California. And it’s the number on the tag inside your bootcuts you want to get lower, right?

Start Pumping
      Begin with three weight-training sessions each week, recommends Joe Dowdell, founder and co-owner of the New York City gym Peak Performance. For the greatest calorie burn, aim for total-body workouts that target your arms, abs, legs, and back, and go for moves that will zap several different muscle groups at a time—for example, squats, which call on muscles in both the front and back of your legs, as opposed to leg extensions, which isolate the quads.

For each exercise you do, try to perform three sets of 10 to 12 reps with a weight heavy enough that by your last rep you can’t eke out another one without compromising your form. To spark further muscle building, William Kraemer, Ph.D., a professor of kinesiology at the University of Connecticut, suggests alternating moderate-intensity workouts of 8 to 10 reps with lighter-weight 12- to 15-rep sets and super-hard 3- to 5-rep sets. (For a more detailed fat-blasting workout, check out “Do This at Home,” below.)

And remember to fuel your workout properly. Too many dieters make the fatal error of cutting back on crucial muscle-maintaining protein when they want to slash their overall calorie intake. The counterproductive result: They lose muscle along with any fat that might have melted away. Sports nutritionist Cassandra Forsythe, Ph.D., co-author of The New Rules of Lifting for Women, recommends that you eat one gram of protein for every pound of your body weight that does not come from fat. For instance, a 140-pound woman whose body fat is 25 percent would need 105 grams of high-quality protein. That’s roughly four servings a day; the best sources are chicken or other lean meats, soy products, and eggs.

Ready to turn yourself into a lean, mean, calorie-torching machine? Then go get pumped!

43. nida says:

i m starting from tomorrow can u plz tel me dat can i loose my tummy wid dis plz rply as soon plz sir

44. Anonymus says:

Hi, I weight about 56kg and I am 5’6. Do you think I could loose 7kg in one month by following this diet and exercising? Thankyou :)

45. vivi says:

hello Dr Trim,l currently joined this forum and l don’t know how to join the fitness challenge of June.l weigh77kg/170cm height,l wish to lose 15kg in two months,should l start up with this GM detox?

46. umu says:

Am a mother of two with my second baby at 4month,i weight 85kg and i want to loose 10kg 4 a start,my normal weight i̅s 6o-65kg,with my 1st baby it took ♍ƺ 1yr nd 2mnoth to get back in shape with pp baby weight @ 75kg then,now dat i weight 85kg der is pressure 4rm home and work to loose weight,since i hv introduce formular to my baby.pls can i try this exercise since A̶̲̥̅♏ Ɲδ†̥ breastfeeding heavily.Thanks

47. sharmila says:

hello..can i reduce my size by doing g.mdiet?? l want to reduce 10kgs before august.. Is it possible if i follow g.m diet?can u please tell me?

48. florenda n. agodania says:

is it right to take this 7 weight loss even you undergone gall removal..i gain weight after the surgery 2 years ago..tnx

49. princess ED says:

Where can I get the dvd workout, I stay in Abuja

50. Pat says:

Hi dr today is my 3rd day of detox diet I didn’t lose weight yet.everyday I do exercise,30 mins walk,running,drinking more than 2 Ltrs of water every day still not losing weight.i followed the diet very strictly no sugar,no fat food.i work during nights(pastry chef).i do diet from afternoon till next morning 6am due to my work hours. I m 80 kg 26years old want to lose 20 kg. I was 55 kg few years back. Can u pls tell me what I should do?thanks.

51. Pat says:

Hi dr today is my 3rd day of detox diet not lose weight yet m following diet very strictly along with excercise,running & walking.no sugar,no fat food at all.I work night time.doing my diet from noon till next morning.doing excercise afternoon.drinking more than 2 Ltrs of water every night. But not losing weight.i m 26years old,weight 80kg want to lose desperately 20 kg can u pls tell me what should I do?thanks

52. nenye says:

Hi, I want to know if there’s anyother thing I can substitute with brown rice

53. Anonymous says:

i gained abt 10kg during my pregnancy,i’m back to work with little time for myself or d family i currently weigh 75kg and want to drop to my previous 65kg, please will this Gdiet help me achieve that. I will like to start by monday next week to prepare my mind and body for it

54. Anonymous says:

can i supplement the cabbage soup with pepper soup without the meat

55. Osato says:

Hello Doc? Wat dyu mean water weight? Does it mean one doesnt lose weight for real?Where does d fat weight go then? Cus I’d like to try dis very one.I’m currently on the 800calories diet plan,but it’s nt drastic.I am 3inches fatter,if I do this GM,will I lose d 3inches pls? Pls reply.

56. Ima says:

I don’t like this diet it jsut allows you to lose weight for a short period but once you go back to eatign normally you gain every thing you had lost and more.

To lose weight and keep it off you need to excercise and watch what you eat. My nutritionist had me do some research on complex carbohydrates and I found this:

Complex carbohydrates are those carbohydrates that are made of three or more sugar molecules linked together. They are found vegetables, nuts, fruits, seeds and grains. Complex carbohydrates take longer for your body to break down than simple ones, which helps to maintain a steady blood sugar level.

Examples of complex carbohydrates are whole grain breads, pasta, corn, carrots

Bread
    Cereal
    Rice
    Pasta
    Corn
    Carrots
    Dry beans
    Potatoes
    Additionally, green vegetables contain less starch and more fiber, making them a great choice to fulfill your complex carbohydrate needs. This includes vegetables such as:

Green beans
    Broccoli
    Spinach
    Include these healthy choices in your diet, and increase you energy levels and health.

My family has switched to whole grains for our bread, pasta and we are now eating brown rice instead of white rice. We avoid saturated fats adn use very ver little oils in what cook. We have also increased out protein intake and make sure we have a serving of vegetable at every meal. I try to work out everyday alternating between weights and cardio.

Doing this I was able to lose 4 pounds in 11 days and I hope to loose some more. the great thing about this is that I am not starving myself, I can go out to eat in restaurants because I know I can make the right choices and still enjoy myself. I use the website myfitnesspal to kep track of my calorie intake each day and make sure i do not go over what I am allotted, which is 1600 a day.
    Also I just read an article that says that what you eat accounts for 80 percent of your weight loss success. so if you eat right you will lose the weight.

57. vin says:

Hi,

Can I start GM diet during my periods?

58. rams says:

Can I substitute meat with sprouts

59. Emerald says:

what can we eat in place of brown rice cus am about to start the diet plan… And can i continue wit dis diet till december cus i hope to loose 20kg by then. Presently weighing 70kg.

60. nokoane says:

i WEIGH 70 POINTS,165 HEIGHT NEED TO LOOSE 15KG,IS IT POSSIBLE IN TWO MONTHS

61. queen says:

Hir Dr, I av tried to lose weight. I was 130kg at 15yrs, I lost 40kg after starvation n vigorous exercise. Nw am 21yrs and I gained back the weight, am now 107kg. What do? I keep losin n gaining it back. Am confused n frustrated. How cn I keep it away. Am tired of evrytin. Pls help

• TRIMANDTRENDY says:

hi dear, the trick is going on a plan that is sustainable because if you go back to your former way of eating which made you gain weight, the weight definitely returns

62. Anonymous says:

Hello Dr Trim, must I consume the raw tomatoes? And can I take a lil basmatti rice instead of the brown rice? I don’t know what the brown rice is. I stay in abuja tho where can I get it here pls? And also can I have an example of the lean beaf pls? Thanks

63. Shloka says:

What if I am a vegetarian… and dont have beef. What alternative do I have in veg.

64. Shloka says:

What if I dont have beef and m a vegetarian.. what vegtbl should I have.

65. Tersia Steyn says:

good day

I want to try out your diet plan, and hopes it will work for me. I am attending my mothers wedding on the 30 November and needs to loose 8 kg. am currently weighting 71 kg.. can i eat oranges as fruit and how many of them can I eat

66. NIKI says:

hello sir,
    i’m 20 now,weighing 76kgs,5.6 height.
    i really wanna put my weight to 60.i’m now following dis diet…this is my third day….i dont think i’m loosing….i’m feeling hopeless….plz help me…

67. Pingback: Lose Weight In A Week Detox | Home