800 calorie Sample Meal plan/Menu/timetable

A member of the forum asked for an 800 calorie Meal plan for weight loss. She doesn’t live in Naija, so i had to use non-naija food for this meal plan. The naija version should be here soon enough.

Its much easier to do a low calorie meal plan when you live abroad as we have lots of low calorie meals and even packaged snacks and drinks, hence you can eat so much and get filled, when you havent even eaten much yet.

Please before embarking on a very low calorie meal plan, consult your GP first. For this 800 calorie meal plan, the medium tomatoes are different from the sizes you find in Naija, as the tomatoes in Naija are much smaller, hence they contain less calories. Also remember that the measuring cup for Naija and UK differs. Where i mean our Naija milk tin cup, i ensured i stated it clearly. Otherwise, you use the normal UK measuring cup for your meals. Remember at least 8 to 10 cupf of water with this 800 calorie meal plan.

Day Breakfast Lunch Dinner
M ½ cup of skimmed milk: 44 caloriesBran flakes, single brand, ¾ cup: 96 calories

1 small apple: 70 calories

Total: 211 calories

Raw Raspberries 1 cup: 42 calories1 boiled chicken leg quarter: 237 calories

1 small banana 2-7 inches: 90 calories

Total: 369

Yo plait light strawberry: 6oz 100 caloriesBlueberries 2 ½  cup:  122 calories

Total: 222 calories

T ½ cup of raspberries: 21 calories2 7-inch carrots: 60 calories

One medium boiled egg : 70 calories

½ cup of skimmed milk: 44 calories

Total: 195 calories

1/2 milk tin (Naija small milk tin) of black beans: 206 calories3 medium tomatoes : 75 calories

½ table spoon of olive oil: 60 calories

Total: 341 calories

Sweet potato: 200g : 140 caloriesAsda Mixed Veg: 160g:

94 calories

Total: 234 calories

W Skimmed milk ½ cup: 44 calories1 medium apple: 70 calories

Oat bran bagel (1/2 bagel): 91 calories

Total:  205 calories

Fresh broccoli: 1 cup: 62 caloriesCheese 1 tbsp (low fat): 21 calories

Boiled fish (tilapia) with salt and maggi if desired: 192 calories

Total: 275 calories

Yo plait Light yoghurt:  110 calories12 large strawberries: 65 calories

Walnuts (14 halves): 142 calories

317 calories

Th ½ cup of skimmed milk: 44 calories2 slices of whole wheat bread: 120 calories

½ table spoon of peanut butter: 47 calories

Lean beef: 100 g: 220 calories1 tbsp of ketchup: 25 calories

• 1 7 inch carrot: 20 calories
  • 1/2 cup of onions: 30 calories
  • 2 cups green lettuce: 10 calories

1 cup of orange juice: 120 calories

Total: 425 calories

F 1 whole grain French toast: 80 calories1 egg (used for the French toast): 70 calories

1 table spoon olive oil: 120 calories

½ cup of skimmed milk: 44 calories

Total: 314 calories

Raw Raspberries 1 cup: 42 calories1 boiled chicken leg quarter: 237 calories

1 small banana 2-7 inches: 90 calories

Total: 369

• 2 Medium apples: 140 calories

S ½ cup of skimmed milk: 44 calories1 slice wheat bread: 60 calories

1 boiled egg: 70 calories

½ naija milk tin cup of brown rice: 213 caloriesRaw medium tomatoes (2): 50 calories

1 table spoon olive oil: 120 calories

Total: 383 calories

• 1 chicken leg quarter: 237 calories
  • 1 cup of green beans: 50 calories

Total: 287 calories

s 2oz  granola bars (Low fat) : 220 caloriesYo plait low fat yoghurt:  6oz: 100 calories

Total:

320 calories

Fresh broccoli: 1 cup: 62 caloriesCheese 1 tbsp (low fat): 21 calories

Boiled fish (tilapia) with salt and maggi if desired: 192 calories

Total: 275 calories

Sweet potato: 100g : 70 caloriesAsda Mixed Veg: 160g:

94 calories

Total: 164 calories

Enter Your Mail Address

This entry was posted in Diet, Food timetables and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to 800 calorie Sample Meal plan/Menu/timetable

1. Seun says:

Dr Trim, I appreciate the good work you are doing,God bless you. Pls we are waiting for the Nigerian food version of the 800 calorie diet. We hope it is really soon. Keep up the good work.Thank you.

2. FunmilolaTaiwo says:

I am happy for this article, pls I want the Naija version very soon . I am sedentary & will need this kind of diet, presently I am on 1480 calories diet following your food time table.

3. skillach says:

pls Dr Trim, Thanks for the good job u are doing here.can we have the Naija version 800 calorie meal plan now. am travelling home for xmas. dont want to eat junk and my wedding is coming up.expecting ur reply soonest.
    Thanks

4. UCHE says:

i would like to be recieving your daily newsletter..i want to loose 40kg . presently i weigh 115kg. i hope this would be beneficial.

thanks.

5. UCHE says:

pls can you send me a one-week meal plan healthy for a 3 years old girl.

6. Yemmy says:

I’d like to start off by thanking you for all your efforts in analysing Nigerian foods. This website has really been helpful. However, I’d like to make a few suggestions that I feel will be helpful to those battling obesity and looking to lose weight .
    Firstly, as someone who was overweight I believe that the 800 kal meal plan might be quite unrealistic and unhealthy especially for those who are used to eating over 2500 Kals a day. I’d advise that eating at least 1000 Kals is ideal bearing in mind that an average female needs about 2000 Kals a day. The 1000 kal deficit a day for a week will result in weight loss of about 1kg a week (1000*7).
    Secondly, I’d like to suggest that low calorie snacks in between meals is necessary to keep hunger at bay and also to keep the metabolism active. Examples of low calorie snacks include fruits, water crackers , carrots, cucumbers, baked chin chin, roast corn, diet soda/ soft drinks and lots more.
    Thirdly, it is also good to note that no matter how small an activity is, calories are still been burnt so it is advisable to be as active as you can durning the day even after your daily workout. For example use the stairs instead of elevators, walk to your colleague desk instead of calling on the phone etc. the truth is that it all adds up.
    In conclusion, well done for the good work. Keep it up!

NB: I’m happy to share information on healthy low calorie meal plans ( Nigerian / foreign)and work out tips if anyone needs it.

• favor says:

Hello Yemmy,
      Thanks a lot for sharing.Can u pls help with samples of 600 calorie Nigerian meals? I need it to guide my daily intake.
      A prompt response will be grtly appreciated.
      Thank you.

7. victoria says:

Hey dr, I really want to lose weight. Presently I am weighing 87kg and want to b 68 or 70 at most. Can I achive dat in 1and d half month base on ur diet?pls do u know acha grain,does it contain less calories

• TRIMANDTRENDY says:

it would be hard with that time frame. but if you are dedicated and include workouts you might be able to do that in three months. Sorry i dont know what acha grain is

8. jennie says:

can not get meals or the menus on your web site they are cover up by the adds please copy them for me and sent to e-mail address thank you ps I looked at a lot of menus and I really like yours to follow but I can see breakfast and lunch but the dinners are covered up

9. jennie says:

I for got to say where the problem is it is on the 800 calorie sample meal /menu plan for weight loss

10. seun says:

Keep up the good work Doc!

You are indeed impacting our lives with this forum

Long Live Weight Watchers Forum

11. Becky says:

Very Nice Job, Thanks for all the information, Pls i need a NIgeria 1200calories meal per day diet timetable.

12. lateefat says:

Thanks for the good work. Could you please with Naija 1200 calories mail plan

13. bosfawe says:

Thanks for the good job!

I will like to know if boiling chicken will equal same calories as grilling it?