OKRA SOUP AND WEIGHT LOSS

In my past posts, i have talked a lot of times about why i think people striving for weight loss should try to avoid garri, pounded yam, and the likes. Good news for those who have been trying the diet, but are so so missing thier soups. Okra soup is a very good soup for people trying to lose weight, but without the iyan or eba oh.

For more on foods to eat while trying to lose weight, check out our weight loss timetable for Nigerian foods!!

Back to Okra soup. You could cook your okra soup with about one or two pieces of meat. Minimal amount of palm oil would be very good, and then eat the okra soup alone. Okra soup alone contains about 105calories only per serving. So imagine how much calories you are saving by taking okra soup!!!It is also high in fiber content, here is a summary of what it contains:

Okra has about 2.8g of fiber per serving, 3grams of fat, 4 grams of carbohydrates and 11 grams of protein.

So for those trying to lose weight, why not try taking okra soup ALONE as substitute any time you are tempted to eat your iyan???

Bookmark this site, so you could always come back for more!

Enter Your Mail Address

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to OKRA SOUP AND WEIGHT LOSS

1. Fashinga says:

That would be really hard for me because i dont like okra even when i’m eating it with eba..not to talk about eating it alone..

2. Afrobabe says:

I actually use vegetables…I cook vegetable soup and eat it alone without the eba…filling and nice…

3. Anonymous says:

i think, when trying to lose weight you need carbonhydrate. You can eat your delicous bowl of eba in the afternoon and go light at night. Please you need energy to keep going

4. florence says:

yes, I love Okro soup very much, especially when prepared with 'Ugu' leaves. But since I love to swallow, can I at least eat it with white 'Agidi' which is lighter than 'Iyan' or 'Eba'?

5. Estee says:

Hello,
    Can Eating Agidi and Okro soup or pepper soup as dinner help in loosing weight?Thanks

6. tessy says:

what about cocoyam flour is it fatty.cant you use it with okro soup

7. Perpetua says:

I hav been eaten okro soup wit small wheat but my weight remains d same
    pls wat else wil i do to loose weight

• Anonymous says:

Pls stop wheat, wheat iڪ harmful especially when Ɣ☺u α̲̅я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ trying to loose weight, apart fron that wheat increases blood level and it has gluten which iڪ not good for the body. Wheat has high amount of carbohydrate and it causes aging too,A̶̲̥̅♏ a living witness.

8. Nina says:

Please I take white agidi with vegetables in place of pounded yam and eba. Is this ok? Some people say agidi is fattening

• TRIMANDTRENDY says:

Agidi is just grounded corn. yes it is high in carbohydrates. would suggest fist size of pounded plantain instead

9. omolady.. says:

If you want to loose weight, Why not loose it steadily instead Of doing it suddenly. Eat very small meals 5-6 times in a day instead Of 1-2 large meals. Your waist líne will definitely reduce..

10. Anonymous says:

Is there anything I can eat with the okra soup to replace the fufu and gari.

11. mildred fakoya says:

if you want to lose weight go on a 1200 calorie diet don’t eat less than 1200 calories a day or else weight loss will be almost impossible. if you want to eat more than 1200 calories then you have to workout to burn calories. i did this after my second baby and didn’t have to restrict eating any food. i just count my calories with the following ratio 164 carb, 40 fat, 45 protein, 2500 sodium and 24 sugar. 1 lost 2 lbs per week. some weeks, i lost up to 6 lbs depending on how much workout i do. so if you decide you want to eat a bowl of iyan that might just be your only meal for the day but make sure your carbs and sugar are not higher than the ratio for a 1200 calorie diet.

12. Sharon says:

When you say ‘per serving’ it would be nice if you could give us the estimated numeric value (if it cannot be accurate) of the quantity of food you are reffering to as a serving. in grams for example. It’s good to know that not all of our Nigerian foods are loaded with calories though. Thanks for the Info it will help me count my calories better